Observations and different notes of curiosity from Tuesday evening’s 116-109 victory over the Golden State Warriors:
– No sooner was Tyler Herro misplaced for the evening within the second quarter with a left-eye contusion then the continued absence of Victor Oladipo grew to become much more of an obstacle.
– He was, in any case, to be the balancing act on the second unit with Herro promoted to the primary crew.
– As a substitute, crickets in terms of the knee concern that has Oladipo out for the reason that preseason.
– The other knee that the surgical one which restricted him in latest seasons.
– All with requisite “no new replace” from coach Erik Spoelstra.
– Sure, the Warmth survived.
– But it surely reveals how nice the margin is in the meanwhile.
– So Max Strus begins Tuesday’s second half instead of Herro.
– And the Warmth principally have been left with simply Gabe Vincent and Duncan Robinson in reserve, with all due respect to Dru Smith.
– While you give a participant two years at $18 million, one would hope for a greater outlook on his well being.
– And maybe that occurs quickly sufficient, with this simply the beginning of November.
– However no Oladipo already has led to a number of Warmth points.
– All of the whereas, nonetheless ready.
– And questioning.
– Dewayne Dedmon was again within the combine for the Warmth after lacking the earlier two video games as a consequence of sickness and a foot concern.
– He entered as a part of the Warmth’s first substitution together with Strus.
– That’s after the Warmth once more opened with Bam Adebayo, Caleb Martin, Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry and Herro.
– Vincent adopted because the Warmth’s third substitute.
– After which Robinson, who had solely a cameo on Saturday in Sacramento.
– Dedmon’s first steal was the 250th of his profession.
– Strus’ first 3-pointer was the 250th of his regular-season profession.
– Lowry’s third 3-pointer moved him previous Jason Kidd for twelfth on the NBA all-time checklist.
– Herro’s fourth shot moved him previous Michael Beasley for twentieth on the Warmth all-time checklist.
– Adebayo’s second steal was the 350th of his profession.
– Spoelstra pregame downplayed a playoff-series really feel with the groups having met simply 5 days earlier.
– “Yeah, I might say it’s extra regular-season method,” he mentioned. “I might say each groups, it’s a little bit bit extra within the forefront of every others’ minds, of what to anticipate. Clearly, we’re coming off a few losses that we wish to get again into the swing of issues. There’s not higher opponent than going towards the defending champs.”
– Tuesday marked the earliest the Warmth accomplished a two-game season collection towards the Warriors. The earlier earliest was Dec. 3.
– With a recreation Wednesday towards the Kings, this marks the thirty fourth time the Warmth can have performed house video games on consecutive nights over the franchise’s 35 seasons. The Warmth entered having swept 10 occasions, having been swept eight occasions and having cut up 15.
– The Warmth entered having scored 100 or extra in 9 consecutive video games towards the Warriors, tying their longest such streak towards Golden State.
– Warriors coach Steve Kerr spoke pregame of the Nets’ parting with coach Steve Nash.
– “He has all of the qualities to be an excellent coach,” Kerr mentioned, “however . . . we’re all on the whim of gamers, entrance workplaces, possession. You really want a strong scenario by which to thrive as a coach on this league.”
– Kerr added, “Erik’s received one. I’ve received one in Golden State. We’re actually fortunate. Throw both of us in that scenario, we wouldn’t have carried out any higher than Steve. . . He may very well be nice. Simply wants a extra secure atmosphere.”